Jumat, 22 April 2011

Local family-friendly Chain offers everything and the kitchen sink

I go every so often to visit a friend of mine who moved so far to the Northwest, although I think she is still technically in the suburbs, not I consider her part of the Chicago metropolitan area. We were roommates, she began dating the spouse (now ex) after both of them were in my wedding party and we had children around six weeks apart. We still get ourselves and our children together when we can, and I must admit I am amazed at how many restaurants and chains found in Algonquin and vicinity. I have never heard of most of them Some are national., and some are local. And even though she is in the midst of heaven, I love trying new places so I enjoy visiting her and go out to eat.

She and her daughter received a coupon from the public library to a place called the colonial Cafe, which I have since learned is a local chain based in the western suburbs. In fact, a few weeks after we had our first Breakfast which we happened to be in St. Charles, and we visited what turns out to be the original location.

Colonial Cafe resembles exactly one of these family-friendly Breakfast restaurants, some of which are large, and some are less than great. It has a convenient but not specific appearance, and I am quite sure, I have passed some of their locations many times without even registering them. Restaurant contains lots of booths and tables. Older people come here, families come here. It is not exactly an urban hot spot with locations in Naperville and St. Charles and Elgin and Crystal Lake and Aurora.

But the food here is more than decent-and I say this because I come from a region that has led to Walker Bros. Pancake House, among others, and offers me plenty of outstanding Breakfast options. I have now had a couple of meals here, including a breakfast biscuits and sauce and a simple soup and sandwich combo boxes, and both have been very tasty. Iced tea is also very good, which is pretty much my default to return to any restaurant. My son prefers to stick with the mouse head-shaped pancake, which is not called a Mickey Mouse pancake, but I am pretty sure all call it there anyway.

But here is the main reason we returned a second time:

This baby here is called a Kitchen Sink. It contains a six-home of the ice in three flavours: vanilla, chocolate and strawberries together, with three toppings (chocolate sauce, pineapple sauce and strawberry sauce, if I remember correctly), two full of bananas, cream foam and chopped almonds. And, of course, a cherry. It actually comes in a mini kitchen sink on a tripod, and you'll get a bumper sticker with the Entire dessert. costing about $ 13.50, and my growing five-year-old boy and could eat about half of it by ourselves.

As it turns out, is known for its colonial Cafe ice cream treats. The restaurant features 15 regular variants, but the two-page menu includes mixed ice-cream as turtle witch burnings, five-scoop witch burnings, apple pie a la mode, black cows, a Create-your-own-sundae option, shakes and some kind of layered processes is called a "chipper". It gives us, of course, a reason to go back.

Colonial Cafe ice and ice cream.
7 places in the Western and NW suburbs


Related Articles



0 komentar:

Posting Komentar

 
Free Host | new york lasik surgery | cpa website design